воскресенье, 12 октября 2008 г.

blepharo




Six in the morning is too early. Waaay too early. How did I make it through high school like this? I got about half the lab work done that I needed to-- planned to, rather.

Good things to share:

The Applecart Man-- in my head, this is something like Peking Man or Java Man, something from human prehistory, found in an ancient orchard with what looks like a primitive cider press-- has cider. I am trying to figure out my cider-drinking rhythm. Itapos;s the best cider. I caught friends Rachel and Caity at the market this morning, and they said that he has a new batch now, more sweet than the previous batch.
When I bought cider on Wednesday, skipping aikido for some reason probably to do with the fact that I had to commit to going to aikido at seven in the morning, he reached over the bins and handed me a free Golden Delicious apple. I ate it on Friday, and it was the best apple ever. I said the same thing about the Macintoshes I got a few weeks ago. Today, because I was three cents short of three dollars of apples, he gave me a three-cent Jonathan apple, a little thing about the size of a golf ball.

I have prisms in most of my windows-- all the west and south, really. I like that the Little Slanty Apartment is full of rainbows. One of the prisms is meant to look like it has a hole through the middle, but is solid. It throws an arc of deep-colored dabs across one of the slanting walls. I donapos;t get to see this very often, but I love it so.

Last night, the crows came to the big trees in my alley. During weather, I can look out and see dozens of black birds swooping and huddling in the branches, illuminated by the one streetlight in the alley. Itapos;s spooky, all the crows still awake late at night, congregating against the snow. This is the first time Iapos;ve seen them in good weather. One tree had leaves, one tree didnapos;t. They swooped and perched, getting a proper gang together, and cawed back and forth. Then there was a different caw-- one crowapos;s voice, a little higher, maybe a little louder. They all took up that same call and went into a frenzy of swooping and perching.
I donapos;t attach that much personal symbolism to crows. I like to see them. I like to see them doing interesting things. They are not messengers dire or anything like that.

So there are good things in Iowa right now. Apples, rainbows, and black birds.
blepharo, blepharitis.com, blepharitis., blepharitis treatments, blepharitis treatment.



Комментариев нет: