среда, 15 октября 2008 г.

batesville newspaper




My eyes are parched. Iapos;m pretty sure that if I could extricate myself from my seat, and walk over to the restroom to consult the mirror, I would find networks of burning red capillaries criss-crossing my eyes.

The lack of sleep is a constant source of irritation in my life. Some thrive in the night and engage in all sorts of "happening" activities, be they legal or otherwise. I just wish that I could switch body clocks with them. An owl I am not.

On bad days like these, my head feels numb and heavy, and I�probably take an extra 5 seconds to respond to a colleagueapos;s simple "how are you?". I could be bleeding from multiple stab wounds and not realise it until I paint my seat crimson. Perhaps this is why sleep deprivation seems to be such an important component of army training. Sleepy soldiers donapos;t feel pain, and an amy of soldiers who donapos;t feel pain is probably the best tactical advantage any general could wish for.

Coffee could have become my best friend, if not for the fact that caffeine leads to trembling fingers, a sharp increase in the frequency of visits to the restroom, and a tendency to speak at twice the usual speed. As such, I usually turn to my trusty hardwood desk for stimulation --- it does a great job breaking the fall of my head when I collapse from sheer exhaustion. So far, the resulting impact has not failed to jolt me wide awake.�

I have also tried playing music and eating sweets/tidbits to stay awake. Both failed miserably. Somehow, music not only soothes this savage beast, but also lures him to lala land. Especially jazz, pop, rock, classical, alternative, RB, blues, folk, country, techno, trance and house (did I miss any genres?). I stopped eating sweets when I discovered that there was a real possibility of choking if I fell asleep.

I miss the days when I could afford to take afternoon naps. Or just watching TV�until I fell asleep on the couch. Unfortunately, my glorious days as a student are far behind me.

andalo, batesville newspaper, batesville newspapers, batesville oh.



Комментариев нет: